The most comprehensive, challenging and engaging, this text was developed with the IB to match the current syllabus for SL and HL. With unparalleled insight into IB assessment it will concretely equip your learners to tackle the course and assessment.
Written by the authors of the current syllabus, this book will help address all the requirements of the new course at both standard and higher level. It will actively engage students in language and literature, allowing them to become informed and critical learners through understanding and producing language of a wide range of works, from poetry to political speeches to simple advertisements or graffiti. The range of exciting literature offers a fresh look at unfamiliar texts so that students are able to confidently encounter works and topics and develop and communicate understanding. Through interesting activities and model works, students will learn about the most current approaches to critical language in areas such as mass communications, language in cultural contexts and literature – in line with the new syllabus. Support is given for the assessment, including the oral commentary.
- The most comprehensive and accurate match to the most recent syllabus, developed with the IB and written by IB workshop leaders and authors of the syllabus
- Fully captures the IB spirit, thoroughly incorporating fresh and topical TOK to drive independent thought
- Comprehensive support for ‘language in a cultural context,’ building international-mindedness in a linguistic context
- Current, diverse and topical text extracts from Wikileaks to graffiti to advertisements will resonate with learners
- The best integration of the IB philosophy, with evocative activities to help students think creatively and discerning questions to drive critical thought
- Packed with accurate assessment support, directly from the IB, including model answers, assessments advice and more, completely aligned to the new assessment
About the series:
The only DP resources developed directly with the IB, the Oxford IB Course Books are the most comprehensive core resources to support learners through their study. Fully incorporating the learner profile, resources are assessed by consulting experts in international-mindedness and TOK to ensure these crucial components are deeply embedded into learning.
Click on the blue categories & tags above to browse the subject area further and explore more from the author, publisher, programme and contributors.