A newer edition of this title is available. Please click here.
Developed with the IB to accurately match the 2011 syllabus, this comprehensive text tangibly builds fluency and strengthens assessment potential. Oral activities in every chapter build confident speaking skills, and a dedicated unit on literature stretches learners beyond functional language-learning, ensuring exceptional achievement.
The French course book and Study Guide have been written specifically for the Languages B programme which will be taught from September 2011 with first assessment from May 2013. These two components are suitable for both Higher and Standard level students. These two components provide plenty of guidance and information about topics that students need to deal with the themes, text types and assessment required for the new Languages B Diploma programme. The course book covers all the core and optional topics and has a separate unit on literature. Students are given a wide variety of text types and assessment-style questions and are encouraged to think and reflect in an IB-inspired way. Further links are made throughout to Theory of Knowledge and Creativity, Action, Service.
- The most comprehensive and written specifically for the most recent Language B syllabus, including all the options
- Authentic and current French texts resonate with learners and drive discussion, strengthening critical thought
- The best integration of the IB philosophy, with creative TOK activities developing outward-looking learners
- Thoroughly holistic approach, driving the most complex levels of language acquisition
- Packed with assessment support direct from the IB, with exam-style questions giving unrivalled insight into IB assessment
- Supported by a focused Skills and Practice book to hone skills directly relevant to IB assessment and optimizing achievement
- Written by experienced French B teachers and workshop leaders
About the series: The only DP resources developed directly with the IB, the Oxford IB Course Books are the most comprehensive core resources to support learners through their study. Fully incorporating the learner profile, resources are assessed by consulting experts in international-mindedness and TOK to ensure these crucial components are deeply embedded into learning.
Click on the blue categories & tags above to browse the subject area further and explore more from the author, publisher, programme and contributors.