The material in this edition of IB History of the Americas has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the IBO 2008 History of the Americas curriculum (first examinations 2010). This curriculum deals with the information required in all 12 sections of the Americas regional option so that teachers can pick and choose the material they want to emphasize. Teachers who either want to, or who are required to, teach a survey of U.S. or Canadian history while teaching IB history can use the included material that will not be on the IB exam to help them do so. Material that is required by IBO for its exam is clearly delineated. In addition to the Americas regional option, this curriculum also focuses on all three of the IB 20th century world history prescribed subjects and the following 20th century world history topics: Topic 1—“Causes, practices and effects of war,” and Topic 5—“The Cold War.”
- The Student Activity Book includes the essential elements of each lesson in an outline format to help students take notes and to ensure they have accurate material for exam review.
- The homework and classroom assignments that are included are specifically designed to help teach students the skills and knowledge necessary to score well on all three parts of the IB history exam.
- Practice Paper 1 exams and Unit essay questions are based on past IB exam questions.
- While there are no multiple choice questions on the IB history exams, multiple choice questions for each Unit are included so that teachers can use them for classroom quizzes and/or review questions.
- The grading rubric and suggested answers are based on the latest IB model. PowerPoint’s and overheads that are included with the curriculum are integrated with the teacher lesson plans.
Click on the blue categories & tags above to browse the subject area further and explore more from the author, publisher, programme and contributors.